Saturday, July 28, 2007

Upwards Soccer Evaluation

Grey and Holland had their soccer evaluations today for their upcoming soccer seasons. Mostly, the evaluations are to get a feel for the individual skill levels of the players so the teams are balanced. (Wouldn't it be nice if the SEC worked that way.)
Since Grey has played 3 seasons of soccer, he did pretty well. Holland, however, is brand new to the sport. At first, she was more excited about wearing her black and pink cleats than the actual sport, but when she got out on the field for her evaluation, she really listened and participated and did her best. People, there was mud out there. Normally, Holland does not do mud, but she totally ignored it and enjoyed herself. Now do I think she will make it through the whole season without a meltdown on the field, no. I mean, this is Holland, who was crying because she couldn't get maple syrup completely off her hands the other night. So a sport of running, sweating, grass, dirt, and somebody taking a ball away from her doesn't really seem up her alley, but we are going to give it a shot. She might just suprise us all....in a good way, I mean.


I think I might play if I got to wear shoes this cute.
















No comments: