After the movie, we headed home and took the escalator down to leave the mall. Halfway down, the escalator grabbed Holland's shoe and sucked it off of her foot and down into the moving stairs. We were in the MIDDLE of the escalator. Fortunately, Holland was wearing her Crocs which have a lot of give to them. It still hurt her because it grabbed and twisted it off so fast. But she is fine. However she is none too pleased about losing her shoe, and I had a hard time telling if she was crying so hard because her foot hurt or she was so mad that the escalator took her shoe. So here's my pearl of wisdom: Have your child stand as close to the center of the stair on the escalator and still be able to hold onto the rail. And be extra, extra careful if they are wearing shoes with laces. I can't imagine what might have happened if she had had shoes with shoelaces (that I always doubleknot) on. Would her foot have gone into the stair and gotten trapped, twisted, or crushed? I didn't want to go there, but as a mom, I have to consider that possiblity. Needless to say we filed a report witht the mall and they shut down the escalator. So there's my pearl. Don't worry, I'll be back with nonsensical posts tomorrow.




2 comments:
Papa & Ran say ... Call Richard Swartz ... "one call; that's all!!!"
Also, there's mental stress and trauma Ran and Papa are going through over seeing that little red foot!
I think with one lawsuit against Hank Norwood for foot injuries and one against the mall for foot injuries people may be wondering about the Davis women and feet. Hope you get enough money out of the two for Ran, Papa and great friends an RV...I think we have to forget about Hank and the RV...since he has gotten engaged.
The Lowry's
Post a Comment