Tuesday, July 31, 2007

70% Chance of Rain x 7

With a 7 day forecast of rain, eerily similar to the forecasts of the past 2 months, my friend Liz and I decided to take Grey, Hope, Holland, Faith and Xomie to the Children's Museum (the big one), because if Mama doesn't get out of the house soon she will need to be medicated. The museum is very hands-on and even if it wasn't, my children would still have their hands on the stuff. It was very busy, but they had a good time. Now I see why I have had such problems getting my mail.




Holland was naturally drawn to the shoe department of the Mexico exhibit. Her love of shoes goes deep.



I'm not sure about this particular exhibit. I believe it is some sort of cooking area. Very foreign to me and not just because it's a Mexico exhibit.




Xomie, Faith, and Holland getting some education in.





Grey talking to Hope via the video phone. This is one particular piece of technology I am in no hurry to see. Who wants to see me talking on the phone in my closet, because let's face it that's the only place you can hide from the kids and talk on the phone in relative peace...for 15 minutes anyway. And yes, I've tried the bathroom, but as any mom knows, as soon as you step foot in a bathroom, an alarm goes off in the kids' brains and they have to find you and ask you something RIGHT THEN, because they might forget in the 2 minutes before you come back out.




Holland likes to add a little drama to even the simplest tasks.







Grey discovers the importance of staying in school.




Seems like a sweet, peaceful scene, until you realize Grey is trying to devour Holland's duck with the Blue Duck of Death.



Both Grey and Holland really enjoyed painting and got along really well....possibly because they were not facing each other.










No comments: