If our plans had held we would be eating a nice plate of spaghetti in Mississippi right about now. But alas, we are not. Our trip that was supposed to include a visit to see Baby Nash, see Jennifer and Will, hit 2 Family Reunions, and even personally deliver a Happy Birthday to my sister-in-law had to be cancelled. Why, you ask? Well Holland has been sporting this rash on the tops of her feet and her knees that has progressively gotten worse. And then Grey started to get a milder version on his toes and knees. Since "rash" and "houseguest" don't mix, I figured I ought to have it checked out. The doctor didn't really give me a definitive answer. She said it could be an allergic reaction to something she has come in contact with. She asked if Holland had been running in some grass or woodsy areas. Now, if you know Holland, you know she doesn't run around in grass or woodsy areas. (Can I get a witness?) But the doctor did say it wasn't infectious which is always nice to hear. It's hard to maintain friendships when you're infectious. Anyway, we are going to keep an eye on it and hopefully it will go away on it's own.
Our second issue was that Holland's sinus/allergies are starting to give her problems. And 9 times out of 10, it turns into a sinus infection. So, the good doctor went ahead and gave us an RX to have if it turns that way. And I did notice this afternoon that her nose was getting that green, crusty look. No charge for the visual.
Now add those two problems together and you get one very CRABBY princess. I couldn't have driven 10 hours with the whining and irritability. I would have hated to call Mac and tell him to pick her up at The Cracker Barrel in Lafayette, LA because I just couldn't take it anymore. So here we are still in Texas, with a foot and knee rashed, crusty-nosed, crabby 4 year old. Consider yourself lucky, Mississippi.............
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment