Friday, January 30, 2009

Dance With Dad

Every year, the kids' school hosts a Dance with Dad. It is only for the kindergarten boys and girls. They get dressed up and go to the dance where they play games, make a craft, eat snacks, and dance the macarena, chicken dance, and hokey pokey. And as you know, Holland is a big fan of all of the above. She could hardly contain herself waiting to go. As we got her ready to go our conversation went something like this:
Me: Holland, do you want to wear this dress?
Holland: YES! I LOVE YELLOW!!!
Me: Well, actually, it's gold.....
Holland: I LOVE GOLD!!!!
Me: Do you want to wear a headband?
Holland: I LOVE HEADBANDS!!!!
Me: Do you want to go to the bathroom before you go?
Holland: I LOVE GOING TO THE BATHROOM!!
Waiting for Prince Charming, aka Daddy.
Prince Charming showed up and rang the doorbell. She couldn't open the door fast enough.
(For future dating we will work on that.)

Any time Holland can have Mac all to herself, she drops Grey and myself like a bad habit.


Her chariot awaits......







Mrs. S, Holland's teacher took this picture. It does appear to be leaning to the right......hmmm I wonder what was in that punch....


Holland and Faith in a hula hoop.



Earlier, in school, the kindergartners had all drawn pictures of their dads and the pics were hanging all over the wall at the dance.

Mac got to bring his paper head home as a souvenir.
This was one of those memories that will last a lifetime!









No comments: