Now, most every girl has a point in her life where she has long hair or is in the process of growing her hair long. I have had several of those in my life, so when Holland said she wanted to have long hair, I was pleased. I thought it would be so pretty, and it was. Only, it came at a high price....those horrible tangles. Combing them out was sheer misery for everyone involved in the process. She doesn't even have really thick or curly hair.
The process usually went something like this (abridged version):
Holland: OUCH!! OW!! OW!!! (tears)OW!! YOU'RE HURTING MY HAIR!!!
Me: You don't even know what tangles are! When I was your age, I had to comb out my tangles walking to school, in the snow, with no shoes, uphill both ways........
Holland: OW!! OUCH!! YOU'RE HURTING MY HAIR!!!
So we came to a compromise. We would cut her hair in a cute short cut and then let her grow it out when she is able to take care of it herself. There is once again peace in the valley.




No comments:
Post a Comment