Thursday, January 29, 2009

Where Did We Go Wrong?

It's really hard for loyal Mississippi State parents to watch their 9 year old son throw his life away...aka become an Alabama fan. I'm not sure how it happened, but I have a couple of theories. For entertainment value or the lack of anything better to do, go with me here:

Grey was born in Birmingham, Al at St. Vincent's Hospital. I'm thinking that maybe a nurse, surely an obnoxious Bama fan (are there any other kind?), injected him with some sort of time-released (8 years) Alabama propaganda drug that caused him to turn from his maroon and white upbringing to Alabama. He was gone for that hearing test an awfully long time.


OR it could have been the nun. She came in to give a Grey a blessing and perhaps somewhere between " the green grass of the meadow" and "his days be long" she threw in something about the Crimson Tide or Bear Bryant. I mean I was too tired, hormonal, and Baptist to really pay attention, and Mac was thinking, "Does insurance cover this?"

I can't prove, either, but I'll tell you this; if he starts developing an overwhelming desire to wear hounds tooth fedoras, I'm filing a lawsuit.

Oh, I know it could be worse; he could have turned to a life of crime or heaven help us, become an Ole Miss fan.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I hope Anthony does NOT see this!! He might cry a bit ...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gayla Davis said...

Ooooh blog administrator..that sounds so fancy.

Anonymous said...

He is his own man..

A great character trait

Yellow Hammer to you Grey...

Hotty Toddy Chris and Golden Eagle Suzy

Anonymous said...

Gaaaayyy-la, I am crying because you removed my post. All because of a name violation? I could be mean and wish the Rebels on your family, but I will be nice and say.. Hail Dear Ole State, win the game today, hit the line and... you know the rest.

AB

Anonymous said...

Gaaaayyy-la, I am crying because you removed my post. All because of a name violation? I could be mean and wish the Rebels on your family, but I will be nice and say.. Hail Dear Ole State, win the game today, hit the line and... you know the rest.

AB

Gayla Davis said...

That decision came down from the corporate office. They are all business.
We still lov ya!

Anonymous said...

Maybe the flu did some damage you don't know about....take the child to the doctor or maybe a shrink!!
GO DAWGS!!!!


BB