Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Post Christmas Trip to Alabama

The day after Christmas, we loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly...Hills..oh sorry, that song pops in my head when I use the phrase "loaded up the truck". Actually we loaded up and drove to Alabama to see Papa Tom, Banny, Pop, Chris, and Suzy for some post-Christmas family revelry. There was even some gift-exchanging going on, too.


If you make me ride in the car one more minute, you will all suffer the consequences.

(Holland--not the best traveler)



Not wanting to be left out, Holland got in on the football action with the boys. And yes, she throws like a girl.


Since coyotes have been seen in the area, even eaten some of the cats around there, Grey wanted to build a coyote trap. Once again Holland wanted to be part of the action (and the picture).



We also cruised on down to The Wharf in Orange Beach. They have this enormous Ferris wheel. Ferris Wheels are on my short list of things I hate, right up there with coconut and raisins, so I let the others ride while I stayed grounded.




The Ferris Wheel Daredevils





We fine dined at Burger King, one of Grey's favorite dining establishments.






Of course, we got in some beach time.







Papa Tom and Holland worked on building a sand snowman. Let's face it, it's the only way we're building a snowman.




The beach area by the water was covered with Man o Wars. Grey identified them immediately, and told us that one sting could kill us. Actually, one sting can kill their prey which are a great deal smaller than a human. However, we did tread carefully because a sting would be quite painful, and I wasn't up to peeing on someone's leg. I'm just being honest.




All those bluish-purple things are the Man-o-Wars.



The next day, we toured the USS Alabama. Very interesting. I kept thinking I couldn't live in such small quarters.....until I toured the submarine which made the battleship rooms seemed like suites at The Waldorf. Seriously, you need some contortionist skills just to get from one end to the other.



Maybe we should upgrade from the Air Soft BB gun to this bad boy.



Dad, me and Mobile, AL behind us.




And this is the last picture I took before my battery cashed it in. I think it is quite appropriate. I call it, The End.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again, we need to talk more!! You were so close to our house. You could have stopped by on your way to your Dad's or on your way home. Or, we could have waved from I-10 as you all passed by! Maybe next time.

Sounds like you had a great Christmas,

Teri