Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Eat And Get Gas

That was basically our schedule for Day 5. We waited in line for 3 hours to get gas. I know what you're thinking, 3 hours for gas? But honestly, we had 3 hours to kill so it was no big deal. I sat and worked a find-a-word puzzle while listening to the radio. People would call in and tell you where to get gas with little to no line, obviously nowhere near us. The kids sat with my friend, Liz and her kids, who were about 8 cars back and watched a movie in her van. Mac worked the crowd, making friends up and down the car line.

There was even a woman in line behind us that sat in a chair, reading the paper, with only a gas can. She didn't even have a vehicle. (Man, I wish I had taken a picture of that.)
We found out as the 411 worked its way down the line that the gas station had plenty of gas, but had sold all of its diesel fuel which it needed to run the generators. So we were waiting for the diesel truck to arrive and when it did, we cheered it on like it was the presidential motorcade.



Here's a picture of the gas line behind me.


Mac rode the running board as we moved up 3 feet in line.




No comments: