Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Boo Crew

Booing has become an annual tradition for us. (If we do anything for more than 2 years in a row, it is considered a tradition for us.) The kids always like this one. Anyway, let me refresh you on how we "do the boo".
1. Tape "you've been boo'd sign on door".
2. Leave bag of candy and goodies at door.
3. Ring door bell.
4. Run Away!
Now a couple of weeks ago, we did our 1st 2008 boo run. Mac and Grey tag teamed it while Holland and I laid low in the getaway car. Let me say that the execution was shear perfection. Clearly we had brought our A game.

So, a couple of weeks later when we planned our next boos, I thought they would go just as smoothly. At our first stop, we let Grey work this one by himself. So, off we send him while we wait in the car a couple of houses down. As he's running to hide behind the neighbor's truck, I happen to notice something. I said, "Um, Mac, he's still holding the bag of candy." To which Mac says, "well, he's clearly not cut out for a life of crime." Here's the problem with skipping the all important rule #2. By ringing the doorbell and running away with no chocolate left at the door, you've only managed to irritate the booee. Not good. So we had to send him back with the candy. However, they caught us driving away from the scene. I peeled out in hopes that they wouldn't get our tag number or make and model of the car, plus I just wanted to peel out.

Our second boo was very successful until I felt the need to drive by the house to make sure they got the bag. Unfortunately, they were still at the door, and as I drove through the cul-de-sac with the headlights off, they waved. Nothing worse than them waving at you. We cut our losses and went home. Hopefully if we spend the rest of the year working on our boo skillz, we'll do better next season.





The Boo Crew


Oh yes, this is much more gangsta.

I'm so proud.

1 comment:

The O'Hare Family said...

That is hilarious and sounds just like you guys. (well it sounds like Mac!...I still remember him prank calling) You realize that our click is just not nearly as exciting with you guys gone. :)