Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ice Capades

Ice became extremely valuable during the power outage. So when my friend Liz rolled up to the house and yelled out the window, "HEB HAS GOT ICE!", I grabbed my purse, dove in the open door of her minivan and we pealed out. At the grocery store, I jumped out and got us a place in line while she parked. A line to get ice....ice that 4 days ago I made for free in my freezer. And then we waited as they let 20 people in at a time to shop. We each got the maximum amount of ice we were allowed to get, 3 bags. And then we drove away giggling. Of course, by the next morning, 2 of the bags had melted in the fridge and were a mere pool of water on my kitchen floor. But it was a victory for the powerless for that day. Do not feel that you have to comment on my hair. This was one of my better days.



No comments: