Thursday, October 02, 2008

The POD People

POD -Point Of Distribution for food and supplies


Our friends, 77345, aka Lance and Shannon opened up their home and fed us and 3 other generator-less families for 6 nights. They cooked up everything in their freezer. I have had every variation of deer meat. They put it in fajitas, spaghetti, chili, hamburgers, and I think there might have even been some in the ice cream. It was sooo good. I'm thinking about having Mac doing some deer hunting in his car. (That's how he likes to hunt deer, hit them with his car as they run out in front of him. It's been a very successful technique in the past.)
POD 77345 was truly a blessing to us. If they hadn't fed us, I figure by day 5, we probably would have had to eat one of the children. Also, we really enjoyed the time with friends. We laughed, played the Wii, (courtesy of the generator), got "ett up" by mosquitos, and laughed some more. The kids really enjoyed that time, too. For a week after we got our power back, Grey and Holland asked me when we are going back to their house. I had to tell them that the POD had closed for the season. They were more than a little disappointed.
The POD 77345 Coordinators, Shannon and Lance




Boyz in the POD



20 P's in a POD



(For you detailed, people, 3 of the p's are not pictured. I can't believe you counted.)




No comments: