Sunday, October 05, 2008

Don't Be A Generator Hater

Day 7 was a really good day. It was the day the generator came into our lives. I know they are deafening, put out toxic fumes, and really irritate neighbors who don't have one, but from the moment we cranked our borrowed one up, we haven't been the same.


Our friends, The Pools, got their power back several days before we did and called and offered to let us borrow their generator. In return, for their kindness we offered to give them our firstborn and Mac's left kidney. They politely declined.



Not only did we get the generator, but on Day 7, I also was able to get my highlights and hair done, (my roots looked like an airport runway running down the center of my head). I found out that my hair salon had power since Day 3, but I'm trying not to dwell on that. It will only breed bitterness. Rebecca, my hair tamer, first beat back the beast of hair with a whip and a chair and then she got down to business and worked her magic. It was so good to be reunited with a hairstyle. Best part: She said as long as I didn't sweat, my 'do would last 3-4 days, hopefully just in time for our power restoration. I cried just a little.

Grey embraces his new best friend, the friend that brought the Wii back into his life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved your humerous account of Hurricane Ike!