Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Not Your Mama's P.E.

Grey's PE teachers have been coming up with creative ways to get the kids interested in physical activities and also getting the parents involved. This fall they taught the 3rd grade the dance from Michael Jackson's "Thriller". Then they had the "Boogie Ball" where they all performed that dance and a couple of other dances. It was fun to watch.
I don't know about you, but when I took P.E., it was nothing I got excited about. Of course, our PE teachers weren't young, in shape, creative, and motivational (in a positive way not a fear-invoking way.) Generally, they wore tight shorts, a whistle and wielded a clipboard. And later in the day, they taught Health class and Driver's Ed in the summer. Many a donut run we made for Coach Hendrix the summer I took driver's ed. As we took our permit test, we watched him flirt with Marie Osmond (she was a dead ringer for her) at the DMV. We learned so much.

We filmed the event, but during the basketball dance, Grey accidentally pegged a girl in the head when he was trying to pass the ball. To avoid a personal injury lawsuit, said footage will not be posted. Alright, alright, I haven't figured out how to download from the video camera to the computer, but I'm working on it.

No comments: