(This picture was taken a couple of days before we left Missouri and so many good friends to move to Texas.
It was also before highlights came into my life.)We have been here in Houston, Texas for 3 years now. It was official this week. I'd like to reflect back for a moment......ok, I'm done. I'd also like to share 10 things I have learned about living in Houston.
10. Cowboy hats and boots are appropriate attire for every occasion including weddings, funerals, church, bar mitvahs, sunbathing, and working out.
9. The seasons in Houston are Summer, Summer, fall/spring/winter, and More Summer.
8. Don't watch the Houston News. (It's much better to take your chances with the newpaper.)
7. If you like NASCAR, you will love the Beltway during Rush Hour.
6. The Texans should have taken Vince Young.
5. The Texas motto during a hurricane crisis is "You loot, we shoot." It has more impact actually spraypainted on your house.
4. "Name That Debris In The Middle of The Road" is a great game to play when driving through the city. (examples of debris: lumber, ladders, twisted metal, tires, chairs, bumpers, mufflers, chains, and so on.)
3. "Don't Mess With Texas" is actually a litter campaign for the state. I still wouldn't mess with it, though.
2. The Spanish word for furniture is "mueble". (Hey, it's very relevant to us.)
1. When someone lets you in, in traffic, ALWAYS, ALWAYS give the Texas wave. (People have been shot for a lot less.)

No comments:
Post a Comment