Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Power To The People

Well, I'm back, barely. I have spent the last 10 days living in a "Little House On The Prairie" marathon. I was starting to call Holland "Half-pint" and wondering if Mr. Edwards was going to show up singing about Ol Dan Tucker.

Hurricane Ike caused the largest and longest power outage in Texas history. 2.1 million were (and some still are) without electricity.

Let me just stop and say, for the record, I have a whole new respect for the Amish.

So, as you can probably guess, the next several (hundred) posts are going to be about Ike and the aftermath from the Davis 4 perspective. Of course, all posts will be written in between laundry loads. I need to wash clothes and towels before they get up and start walking. Yeah, it's that bad.

4 comments:

Jenn Cav said...

Welcome back. Love that Ike already has his own label on your blog. It's gonna be good...

Anonymous said...

Yea! We've missed you! I can't wait to hear it all! Aunt Gay

Anonymous said...

Papa said...

Hey Girl,
Glad you all are up and running now.
Love,
Papa

Anonymous said...

Have had the "Davis 4" plus Texas withdrawals...glad you are up and going again. Can't wait to see if any pictures appear of Gayle with out hairdryer and flat iron. Glad you are all ok.


BB & Mac