10 days without electricity poses many challenges, one of those being what I like to call the Laundry Situation. My laundry room looked like some animal came in and ate all of our clothes, towels and sheets, partially digested them and then vomited them all back up. And quite frankly, it smelled like it, too.
Our friends Shannon and Lance had a generator and were able to hook up their washer and then hung a clothesline made from weedeater string to dry the clothes. I knew our friendship had gome to a new level when we were at her house eating red beans and rice and Mac looks up and says, "I have those same boxers. Are they from Old Navy?"
We had to be a little more creative. For the kids we just turned their underwear inside out and bought ourselves another week. I was a bit luckier. With some determination and a flashlight, I was able to find clean undies at the back of my dresser drawer. Granted, they were maternity undies and the waistband came up to my armpits, but they were clean and comfy and there was plenty of room for me to have dessert.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Who says you'll never wear a bridesmaid dress again! See, you never know when you might have an opportunity! aunt gay
i think i have seen him in that suit more than his normal suit.
we feel your pain suzy and i spent 3 weeks no power in katrina.
remember that first day with power it will never feel that good again.
chris
i'm so touched
Post a Comment