Monday, September 29, 2008

Back To School, Thank Goodness....

Well, the kids finally went back to school today. They have missed 11 days of school because of Hurricane Ike. Their school district actually started back last Thursday, but our school and a handful of others were still without power so the kids didn't go back until today.

I know what you are thinking. How are they going to make all that missed time up? That's a good question. I've heard all sorts of ideas from extending the day by an hour to adding on at the end of the year. But I've also heard that they may not have to make it up at all. The "let's pretend it never happened" technique. Grey said he could live with that. Such a selfless kid, that Grey....







I think school resumed just in the nick of time. I think the kids were just moments away from either joining a gang or a rap group.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Ken called last night and said he could not comprehend going that long without power...and I added....with 2 kids! He was impressed! But there are those with no power and no home or job...that's an incentive! Good job...you still sound sane! Anut Gay