Thursday, July 03, 2008

Buster and Astro

Grey is always up for getting another pet. Besides Holland, what kid isn't? Truly, I like pets. Why, before I had kids, I took my 2 cats to Petsmart to have their picture taken with Santa Clause for Christmas one year. I still like pets, but I like them best at other people's houses. And if you have seen Holland's pure terror (I'm understating when I say terror) around dogs, big or small, you would understand why a dog is not in our "near future" plans. However, Grey found a pet we could all agree on. They don't require much care at all. Of course, they are about as entertaining as watching grass grow or paint dry, but everybody is okay with them. So meet our new hermit crabs, Buster and Astro. It's okay if you don't want to applaud.

The other day the kids and I left the house to run an errand for about an hour. When we returned, we found the tank had been thrown off Grey's desk, the top of the tank was off to the side, the tank was on it's side with about half the sand spilled onto the floor, and the hermit crabs were nowhere to be found. After securing the crime scene, a massive crab-hunt ensued. We found them way back behind Grey's desk each huddled in a different corner thankful to be alive.

Though we don't have an eyewitness or any hard evidence, we do have a suspect in custody.



This suspect was also, the main "person of interest" in another case involving an aquatic frog that was found dried out and dead underneath our Christmas tree a couple of years back. We just didn't have enough evidence to charge him. This time we think we got him. Though our evidence is circumstantial, he doesn't have an alibi and clearly has a motive. And he was spotted around that area shortly before the crime.


Oh man, I need to get out more.


No comments: