Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Camp, Year 2

Well, Grey returned from camp today. This year he got off the bus wearing clothes I had packed for the day, which was an improvement from last year when he got of the bus wearing the shorts he sleeps in and a camp shirt a size too small. And there were actual clothes for me to wash this time around. I don't know what he wore last year everyday, but it wasn't anything I packed. So I can see he's definitely matured over the past year.

Though he was only there 3 days and 2 nights, the campers get mail. So, while most parents lovingly sent sweet letters to their children, Mac sent Grey a letter and article on the mysterious Skunkape, (they watched this tv show about it) saying it was spotted near his cabin. Mac even glued his head on the Skunkapes's picture. Made for great camp stories.

To sum it up: Grey had fun; we missed him; glad he's back and happy he wasn't carried off by a Skunkape.



To me this was truly "roughing it"; riding the yellow school bus for an hour with no air conditioning. For Grey, it was riding the bus for an hour without his Nintendo DS.

2 comments:

Jenn Cav said...

Kinda reminds me of riding the FBC van to VBS. Sitting in the back, flying thru the roof with every bump! :)

Gayla Davis said...

Those really were the days.

"John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith, his name is my name, too...."