Ran and Papa came to town, and we tried to fill every minute. Don't worry we blocked out a couple of hours for sleep and personal hygiene. We had a really good time as we always do.
Within an hour of their arrival we were eating at our favorite Mexican resteraunt with authentic mariachis. Oh yeah, we party hard.
Though our mariachi friends speak no English and Holland speaks no Spanish, they communicated through the language of music and dance. That is until Holland broke into "The Robot".
Holland loves her Ran. She designated Ran's seat, right next to her, and heaven help Grey if he tried to sit there.
I believe this is some form of cooking.
Even the baseballs are bigger in Texas.We got to take in an Astros game against the Yankees. It was a terrible series for the Astros, but we got to see the least painful loss.
Christmas card 2008
We got to the game early enough for Mac and Myron to watch the Yankees do some batting practice.
During batting practice, one of the Yankees threw a ball up into the stands, and it bounced around the seats where Mac proceeded to dive into after it. He got the ball. Of course he trampled some small children and there's an elderly lady with his footprint on her back, but the most important thing is he got the ball.
I'm not saying we needed the bail bondsman. I'm just saying it was reassuring to know there was one nearby, just in case the elderly lady decided to press charges, after all.
We drove down to Galveston one day and went to eat at The Rainforest Cafe. They have a shuttle from the parking lot to the front door. Mac convinced the driver to drive down by the seawall aways so we could get a better view of the water. Considering gas prices I was impressed the guy agreed.
From our Rainforest shuttle.
No, that is not me between Mac and Grey, and that was soooo 1st grade of you.

Why yes, I think it would look great next to Myron's deer head in his office.
Holland is wary of the mechanical animals. They made her very nervous. Raise your hand if this surprises you.(That's a fancy way to say,"this dessert costs $12.99, suckerrrrrrr.")
Hmmmm why does Myron have all of the spoons?






2 comments:
wow. i'm exhausted.
Wow...I didn't know the "old folks" had it in them...I refuse to hear we are tired and need a nap anymore.
BB
Post a Comment