Thursday, June 19, 2008

All The Way From Missouri

Our friends, Ryan and Audrey from Joplin, Mo were visiting family in Tyler, TX and made the trip from Tyler to Houston (we're talking 4 or so hours) in torrential rain, the only kind of rain we get in southeast Texas. We went to an Astros game and the Astros won which was a nice change from their latest streak. Anyway, we got to catch up with them in between foul balls dropping all around us. I asked Audrey 3 or 4 million questions about her and everything going on in Joplin. Mac and I will always have a soft spot for Joplin. We were blessed with a great church and amazing friends. And our baby girl was born there. God used that time there to teach us so much. Even now I get a little misty-eyed when I remember our life there.
This is a bit of a departure from my usual writing style. I don't usually get this sentimental, but the people there made such an impact on us, and I am so grateful for those 3 1/2 years.

Audrey, A Hunk Of Burning Love, Ryan
Alright, I'm back to my usual.

No comments: