Kite-flying is a breeze for Holland. (I had to say it.)Thursday, April 26, 2007
Too Easy
We took the kites the kids got on Easter for a test flight. It truly was the perfect day to fly them, which was actually kind of disappointing. I'm used to kite-flying being more challenging and sometimes downright frustrating. You know, where you have to wait for a good gust of wind. Then someone holds the string and the other one runs like a maniac trying to get the kite up in the air. Then when it finally starts its ascent, you laugh and cheer, only to have it precariously dip toward the ground, then resume its ascent. Two seconds later it crashes to the ground and you have to jury-rig the sucker and untangle the string to get it back into flying condition. Nope, our day had none of that. The kids' kites took off the minute we took them out of their wrappers. Grey's was flying so well that the string snapped, and it sailed off over the trees into the wild blue yonder. I'm sure it's floating in somebody's pool.
Kite-flying is a breeze for Holland. (I had to say it.)
Kite-flying is a breeze for Holland. (I had to say it.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment