That's the theme for this year's Houston Astros. Monday night was opening day for the team. Fortunately, a friend got us and our friends, Pat and Gary, some tickets several weeks in advance, because it was sold out. (Attendance was just over 43,000.) Mac has been to some Astros games in the past, but this was my first game. My favorite sport to watch is basketball, because it's so fast-paced and exciting, but I have to say after this game I am hooked on Astros baseball and can't wait to get to another game. I got to see George and Barbara Bush sitting in their seats behind homeplate. We saw and heard Clay Walker sing "God Bless America". I learned the words to "Deep in the Heart of Texas". And I have to say what's really nice about Minute Maid Park is it's retractable roof so you don't have to suffer in the hot and/or rainy Houston climate. You know me, I'm all about climate controlled. It was a great game until the Pirates tied it up in the 9th, and then the Pirates sealed the win in the 10th. Astros 2 Pirates 4
Next time we go we are going to take the kids, because they have really cool area designed just for them. (The Juicebox) Since they didn't make this game we bought them each a souvenir. Gary had suggested the mini wooden bats, but visions of them whacking each other flashed through my mind so we opted for the foam fingers.


This is "Roy O" (Roy Oswalt) pitching.
Roy Oswalt is from Weir, Mississippi so you know he's "good people".
No comments:
Post a Comment