Magic Hours are special park hours for people staying at one of the many Disney resorts. One of the parks will either open an hour early and/or stay open 3 hours after closing time and resort guests get the park to themselves. (That's still a lot of people.) Anyway, one of our nights there, they had Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom. That's from midnight until 3:00 AM. In the real world, we would never be out at that time, but at Disney it just seems normal. Riding Dumbo at midnight was almost more fun than during the daytime. Of course we were slightly delirious. You may ask, how did the kids hold up at those hours? On a couple of the rides, if there was a line, Grey would sit on the ground, lean against the rail and take a 30 second power nap. Mac and I were pretty good. After all, we had just finished dinner at 10:15 PM, another normal at Disney. Holland, however, was at the top of her game. She would dance in line and sing Disney show tunes, happy and/or delirious as can be. I promise you she NEVER took a nap at any point during the trip. She even outlasted the Benadryl we gave her for the plane ride. I saw hundreds of kids passed out in strollers at all hours of the day in the parks, but not my Holly-girl. My girl can hang with the best.
I love this picture because it was taken at 1:45 AM, when she was soaking wet from Splash Mountain, and yet, she still has a smile for me.
1 comment:
Wish I had just a little of Holly-girls energy....outlasted the benedryl....sounds like something I do...
"BB"
Post a Comment