So, yesterday I go to get my hair cut. As I'm sitting there watching in awe as Rebecca works her magic on my hair. ( She uses scissors and a flatiron like Michelangelo used paints and a ceiling.) Anyway, I ask how she's doing and what's going on with her. (I was subtle, but I was curious...ok, borderline frantic, because she had cut back on her hours which happen to totally blow Holland's Mother's Day Out schedule.)
She said she is going back to school. What?! She said she wanted to finish her associates degree in business. As the panic began to make it's way up my throat, I calmly asked if she wanted to work in management for the company, but still cut hair, manely my hair. (please yes, please say yes) She said no, that she couldn't see herself doing the same thing in 20 years. I almost passed out. People, I totally expected her to be doing my funeral hair when I died.
The only bright spot is that she said it will take her about 2 years to finish the school, and she's going to keep cutting hair while she finishes. (a thread of hope) So, I figure I got 2 years to find a way to afford to hire her to be my personal hairstylist.
Let's face it, I can't afford not to.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
(gasp!) You, and your hair, are in my thoughts...
You've been with me through some really tough patches with my hair, where my hair looked like tough patches, so your support means the most. Thank you.
Post a Comment