Saturday, January 19, 2008

It All Started With A Flyer

Two of Mac's favorite things are free Chik-Fil-A meals and dressing up like Elvis. Who knew that the two would marry on a cold, January, Saturday night? Mac was in chicken sandwich heaven. Here is the flyer that made it all possible......




Mac at the threshold of his free meal.


Mac ordering his free meal.


Mac eating his free meal.



That's the owner on the left, Mac, and the manager on the right.




Mr. Jesse Aron, the Elvis impersonator. He was awesome! Mac and others would request songs and he sang them all, especially Mac's favorite, "American Trilogy". He sounded JUST LIKE ELVIS! Apparently he is one of the top 3 impersonators in the country. His "look" was more of the "later years " Elvis, but his sound covered all of Elvis' career. We had a lot of fun! There is just something about Elvis. Several women asked Mac to take their picture with them . Seriously.
Holland danced the night away, and Grey hid behind us in embarrassment.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it was destiny! Remember at Liberty Land in Memphis...years ago.....and you were so thrilled to get the scarf from the Elvis impersonator? You and Jenn were on the front row....We thought the scarf was disgusting! Ant Gay

Gayla Davis said...

I totally remember that! This impersonator actually gave his scarf to a little 2 year old girl wearing the same Elvis outfit as Mac! It was all I could do not to push Holland up front to get one, too. Apparently, I have no shame.

Anonymous said...

From the looks of Elvis in his later years, I don't think he ate a lot of chicken. Next time you get desperate enough to dress like that in order to get free food, call me and I'll order you a pizza.

Ryan