Sunday, February 03, 2008

When Mac's Away......

Mac headed off to Las Vegas last Saturday for a week. He went for Furniture Market or maybe he was booking a Elvis impersonator show. He did come home with a new pair of gold Elvis glasses. And generally what happens when Mac leaves town, somebody goes down. This time it was Grey. About 10:45 Sunday night, Grey comes down and wakes me up. And I was in deep sleep. In fact, I had already had a dream and woken up confused and disoriented as I so often do. (Welcome to the world of my sleep issues.) So I was out of it. But anyway, Grey let me know that he had thrown up.....in his bed, excuse me, all over his bed. Several pillows were casualties. They were buried immediately. Oh, people, the mess. I will spare you the details. I only wish I had been spared. The 2nd time he threw up, (oh, did I forget to mention he threw up more than once?) he made just inside the doorway of the bathroom. Third time, however, is the charm. He made it to the porcelain bus for that one.
Was it the flu? He had the high fever and more vomiting so I'm inclined to think so. I didn't take him to the doctor, which it turns out they were out of flu tests anyway. I got that info from my friend who had 4 out of 6 family members get the flu. I'm thinking maybe getting the flu shot helped Grey get over it faster, because by Tuesday afternoon he was a lot better. Thank goodness. And fear not, the upstairs had been hosed down with Lysol....several times. It is now safe to come over.

No comments: