I'd spend 3-4 hours, reading, dozing, and faithfully flipping from stomach to back to maintain that nice even tan. I'd discuss inane topics with my fellow sunbather and invariably one of us would ask what time it was, as if we really cared.
Pool trips are a little different now. Skin cancer is my nemesis. Nowadays I apply sunscreen, SPF 50 or more, like I'm basting a turkey. The kids actually cringe when I'm armed with a bottle. No bad sunburns, not on my watch. And cellulite and stretch marks, well let's just not even go there. Then there's the stuff I have to pack; 2 intertubes, 4 towels, (always take a spare everything), floaties, waters, snacks, lunch, coverups/t-shirts, comb, goggles, plastic tea set, dive rings, cell phone (in a ziploc bag), and a watch (because I really do need to know what time it is). It's a good thing reading is not even remotely an option, because there's no room for a book in my bag anyway. And when I go with my friends, we discuss everything from health insurance to potty training, practical life topics, free therapy, I like to call it. And I wouldn't trade any of it.


4 comments:
I'll see you at the pool on Thursday, I've got a good topic for us - how to get the landscaper to come mow....
And by the way, How do you keep your garage so clean?
Our landscaper shows up, so we don't have to keep any of that stuff in our garage.
But would you trade it for anything? Anut GAY
Not even the stress of buying a swimsuit....
Post a Comment