
I guess we all got to go to church camp at some point in our lives, but I'm pretty sure I was a lot older than 7. You can guess what I am leading up to. Grey has left for Camp. I hadn't planned on letting him go this summer. I'll just say it: I wasn't ready. However, last week our children's minister came up to me and told me that Grey was the most requested bunkmate, and he wasn't even going. How am I supposed to handle that kind of guilt? So, I asked her if there was still room. She checked and said no; camp was full. Whew! I dodged a bullet there. Then doggone it, she called yesterday and said they had an opening. So, I packed his suitcase and sleeping bag, and I knew there was no turning back. So I loaded him on the bus this morning with mixed emotions, happy because he's excited, but sad because now I have to be Holland's 24hr playmate.( I'm kidding.) I'm a little sad because he's growing up so fast. When I called Mac to tell him (he's been out of town this week.), he was like, "What, I'm not going to see him until Saturday? I need my Grey-time." So we are all a little down. (heavy sigh) I wish I had some pictures to post of him as he set sail for camp, but he wouldn't let me take any. Not even one. Believe me, I tried. However, I am posting an old picture of him. It makes me giggle every time I look at it. Next time, maybe he'll give me 30 seconds to take a picture........

No comments:
Post a Comment