I admit it; Holland and I are kind of pitiful without our menfolk. Since Mac is out of town, and Grey is at camp, we have been left to our own devices. Tonight, we went to our favorite Mexican resteraunt. Let's just say El Ranchero is to the Davis family like Cheers was to Norm. They know where we like to sit, and our favorite waitress doesn't take our order, she merely confirms that we'll have the usual. And the Mariachi duo, well, I feel like they are kin. They know our 3 favorite songs and the order we like to hear them in, and "the boys", as we fondly refer to them, don't speak a lick of English.
So, thinking we might find some comfort in the familiar surroundings and knowing the smell would follow us home in our clothers and hair, we sat down.....on the same side of the booth....so close to each other that my left arm was rendered useless. From a distance, we looked like Siamese twins. I looked down and we had the same napkin over both our laps, and I took comfort in that fact. The conversation, however, was not so great. There are only so many subjects Holland can cover. At that point I realized that I have not fully appreciated all the 2's Grey consistently got on his report card in Talking. (1- doing great, 2- needs work) He can carry on a great conversation on a variety of topics nonstop. And of course, it goes without saying that Mac always makes for great dinner entertainment. I can truly say they were sorely missed. It was borderline depressing.
Therefore, I have decided that since the thought of going to bed by myself with Holland upstairs by herself does not appeal to either one of us, we will be bunking together tonight. And if I have to dig her foot out of my back 100 times tonight, I'll be grateful that she wants to make sure I'm still beside her. And if she snores like a freight train, I'll turn the fan up for noise, and pop a Tylenol PM, and be glad that she's there to keep me company. Hurry home Grey and Daddy....
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment