Saturday, March 31, 2007

The coolest mom ever....for a short while, anyway.

Friday was an early dismissal day for Grey. He was scheduled to get out at 1:00. However, Holland and I went to the school to check him out early for a little family fun day. Mac has been gone all week, and Holland and I have been battling sinus/allergy wars so we haven't done a lot this week. (I believe there is a fine green layer of pollen covering my lungs.) Anyway, after we got past the school's Front Desk Nazi, ["Did you send a NOTE this morning with your son?" paired with the evil eye and then followed with the exasperated sigh.] Grey was busted out at 10:00 am. We giggled all the way to the car. Then, I took the two of them to Target to pick out a toy. Mac tries to bring them something back when he is gone this long, but his days at market are long, and he doesn't have any wheels so I let them pick out something. Then, we went to eat at one of Grey's favorite resteraunts, The Olive Garden, which just so happens to be one of my favorite. Hmmmm..coincidence? After that we caught the 12:25 movie of Meet The Robinsons in 3D. We all loved it, and Holland wore her 3D glasses on top of her head until she went to bed. They went to bed thinking I was the coolest mom ever! Then this morning, we got up and I had them help me clean the house. My cool factor has dipped some.

1 comment:

Jenn Cav said...

That's funny...I thought of Grey while we were at this movie (were we supposed to have 3-D glasses?). I figured he would like it. Of course, Will really liked all the science talk and blueprints and stuff....OK, I was really thankful for the trains, flying cars, and dinosaur which kept his attention.