Monday, March 26, 2007

I'm going to be a 2nd cousin on my mama's side (again)

I know that doesn't have the nice ring of "aunt", "grandmother", or "big sibling", but I am just as excited. My identical first cousin, Jennifer, is expecting her 2nd child in September. pause... allow applause to die down. The Cavender Fan Club, a division of TheDavis4 corporate office sends out a hearty congratulations to Matt, Jenn, and Will!
Since this takes the "pregnant women I know" toll up to 6, (and I believe there is one more out there holding out on us) you may think that it would make me want one myself. Honestly? No. Mac and I are quite content with the 2 we have. We are running a man-to-man defense that's working quite well. If we add another child, we would have to move to a zone defense. We'll stick with our current game plan. Besides, if we add one more then we have to change the name of the blog to The Davis 5 which would cause confusion and mass hysteria. Do we really want to pull at that thread?

6 comments:

-Sheri said...

Is there any other title quite that Southern? I don't think so!

Congrats! Jennifer, You'll get a baby AND new blogging material

From the baby of 14 cousins on my daddy's side and the the baby of 2 cousins on my mama's side

Jenn Cav said...

It's really not hard to change your title, you know. Stop making excuses.

Suzanne Durham said...

Gayla, are you trying to convince us you do not want a baby or yourself???

Gayla Davis said...

Is this a conspiracy?

Jenn Cav said...

is it working?

Gayla Davis said...

I will not give in to terrorist demands.