Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Playgroup Does The Houston Rodeo

Hangin' on the fence like real cowpokes.

The token boot picture
(Trent, Mia, Holland, Kendall, & Kaylee)

Playgroup, this week moseyed on down to the Houston Rodeo. As you can imagine, the rodeo is a big deal around here. Besides all the exhibits with animals, there is a huge carnival, tons of food booths, big name concerts with attendances that get as high as 70,000. But for playgroup we focused on the kid stuff. We saw a cow milking show, and yes, it's every bit as glamorous as it sounds. We saw chicks hatching, bee hives, horse rides, and other "hands-on" exhibits. Naturally, there was a petting zoo,(check your germ phobias at the door) with a variety of animals and an in-your-face llama that freaked me out when I turned around and it was an inch from my face. I need a comfort zone of 2 feet between my face and that of a heavy-breathing farm animal. I think the best part was the pig races. They raced several races, each with 4 pigs. The pigs had names like Britney Spareribs, Kevin Bacon, Hillary Rod Ham, Tony Porker (Spurs), Sow Ming (Rockets), Shaquil O' Squeal, Arnold Shwartzenhogger, and so on. It was a lot of fun.




Enjoying a nice foot massage...it's probably even better if your feet actually touch the massage foot pad.



Texas Chicks (on both sides of the glass)





Meeting the star of the "Cow Milking Exhibit"
You can see the cow's head and the utter end. (Hey, it was their joke, not mine.)



Kendall, Holland and I grab good seats for the "Cow Milking" show.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is there a writers strike going on??? I know you have news to share...I miss the action.