Monday, October 23, 2006

Who ARE these people?

I thought I would give a you the 411 on the links I recently added.

Meet The Wallings:
This is my good friend Sheri. She originally started her blog to document their experience with adopting from China. They adopted a little girl, Mia and she is just as feisty as the rest of the Wallings. One of the things I like most about Sheri is that she is real. ( I just stole her word.) She tells me things as she sees them and I believe she would call me out if I was wrong about something, but since I'm never wrong, it's a non-issue. (I'm kidding, of course). She is the type that doesn't ask if you need help, she just goes ahead and helps. She is also a fountain of information. If she doesn't know, she can find out for you in record time. To tell you how much I like her; if I recognize her number on my caller ID, I will pick up the phone. That's big for me.

Meet The Cavenders:
This is my first cousin and closest thing I have to a sister, Jennifer. We look just like twins except she has brown hair, brown eyes, more petite, a couple of inches shorter, a darker complexion, and no freckles. Other than that, you can't tell us apart. She and her family just moved to North Carolina and she documents their son, Will's adventures for all the family left behind in Mississippi and Alabama and us out here in Texas where everything is bigger and better (I'm giving in to the propoganda). She and I can not see each other for a year or so and still pick up right where we left off. We have the same sense of humor. (Scary, huh?) You will only see me write good things about her and her family, not only because they are true, but also because she has access to numerous pictures of me from my "awkward decade."

Meet The Barclays:
I met Laurie in the 7th grade and we became good friends through high school and our first year of college. After that we kind of went our own way, but remained friends. Her blog starts back in January 2005 and documents her struggle with infertility and going through the IVF process, living in Gulfport, Ms during Hurricane Katrina and goes through her pregnancy and birth of Annie Catherine. Now she details their life in Nashville and life with Annie. To let you know how popular her blog is, she has had over 11,000 hits since 01/05. (Makes my 45 kinda pathetic looking.)

Meet The Durhams:
This is my good friend Suzanne She moved to Kingwood shortly before we did. She is originally from North Carolina so she knows all the Southern Etiquette rules. Like if you say something not so nice, you always follow it with, "bless her heart." For example, " That girl is just not right in the head, bless her heart." Also, Suzanne's little girl Madison is Holland's good friend. They were part of the same playgroup posse and I also got to be around right after Jack was born, one of the happiest babies I've ever seen. Sadly, for me, they moved to Spartanburg, SC last week. Suzanne always wanted to get back close to her family and now she is so I am grudgingly happy for her. Fortunately I can keep up with them through their blog. Miss you, Suzanne!

Well, those are the people behind the links. You can click on the link and visit their blogs.

No comments: