Thursday, October 05, 2006

Under Pressure





Grey had his school picture taken a couple of weeks ago. Grey is notorious for messing up pictures. You would be hard pressed to find a family or group picture of him where he is not pointing, head lolled to one side, mouth wide open or leg kicked out. In his preschool class graduation picture, he is on the front row with his head tilted and tongue out. I know every parent looks at it and says, "See that kid, there's just something not right with him. Most likely, bad parenting." So this year, instead of picking a package, writing a check and hoping for the best, I warned him not to be silly or the TV would be cut off. Apparently, he took it to heart, because on picture day when I asked him how it went, he kept saying, "I was nervous, Mom. I was so nervous." So this is the picture we got. It's hard to be natural when you're under pressure.
Next year, I'll keep my mouth shut and let my handsome boy be himself.

No comments: