
Wed. nights are AWANA nights at church. AWANA stands for Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed. It is a kids' program for ages 3 through the 5th grade. They work through handbooks memorizing lots of scriptures, and learning the books of the bible which I personally could work on. (As a joke, a leader told me to look up Hezekiah, and I tried in vain. There is no Hezekiah, although it sounds legit.) The kids earn patches or jewels or stickers for their badge depending on which group they are in. It still amazes me to hear 3 and 4 year olds who can't read and most can't pronounce words very well reciting bible verses. What a foundation that is being built. They divide the kids into three groups. Cubbies in the blue vests are made up of 3 and 4 year olds, Sparks, (red vests) are K-2nd grade, and Truth-N-Training are 3rd -5th grade. This is Grey's 4th year and Holland's 1st. At this point, for Holland, it's all about wearing the vest. Whatever gets her excited about going works for me. I get to work with the Sparks as they work through their handbooks. I really like it. I got some great kids I'm working with. So if you are looking for us on a Wed night that's where are.

No comments:
Post a Comment