Friday, October 13, 2006

Sick Leave

When I signed on to be a stay-at-home mom (domestic engineer) 7 years ago, I forgot to ask about sick days and paid vacations. Turns out there aren't any. I sure could have used some sick days this week. I have been fighting a sinus and middle & outer ear infection. When I asked Holland if I could be off a couple of days, she said "nope". However, she did play by herself for several hours and give me a break. After the meds kicked in and it no longer felt like someone was shoving nails in my ear or that my head might implode, I was able to return to full-time mom.....well I was making sure she at least had some food and water and the toilet seat was down for her. Some days you just have to operate in survival mode.

No comments: