Thursday, October 05, 2006

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST

My foot has been released from its fiberglass prison! It took the saw, some sort of metal pliers, scissors, a nurse and eventually Mac and myself pulling to remove the cast, but we got it. And when they tell you the saw only cuts the cast and not you, they lie. I have a cut, several nicks, a little bit of a burn and some bruising just from taking that sucker off. But who cares? It's off!!
Walking is still a little bit of a slow-go, but who cares? The cast is off! I want to say thanks to all who prayed, all the door-openers, the girl that would always help me get my tea at Panera, the waitress that caught me when my crutch slipped at Humble City Cafe, Sheri for carrying my stuff, loading my kids in the car, valeting my car for me, all my friends that helped me out, Mac for becoming Mr. Mom without ever complaining, (this is beginning to sound like an Academy Award speech and I hear the music so I will wrap it up), and all those who gave me encouragement, Thanks! Your kindness touched me.

No comments: