Well, the PreK Class of 2008 graduated this week. We had the official ceremony and everything. When I was a kid, we had a kindergarten graduation. (I actually had 2.) Now, since kindergarten is the new 1st grade, the graduation ceremonies are held for PreK and not for kindergarten. That would have been handy information when Grey was graduating PreK. I certainly would have shed a tear or two at his ceremony or at least paid better attention. Oh well. Anyway the kids performed and showed what they learned. I was singing along, because Holland has been singing these songs nonstop. One day I passed her room and she was singing the theme song from "Happy Days". I couldn't figure out when she had watched the show, but it turned out that that was their song to learn the days of the week. Anyway, she did really well, which was a relief, because every event with Holland is a crapshoot.

Class of 2021

Taylor and Holland

When asked on the video what she wanted to be when she grew up, she responded, "a karate girl". Funny, cause Grey said "ninja" on his PreK graduation video. Maybe we can use their college funds for that beach house after all.

In order to get this picture, I had to agree to the picture below.

They can be such children.

Accepting her diploma. And she wore the hat. I point that out because
apparently last week, Holland didn't want to wear the hat, an event which spiraled quickly into a meltdown that held up practice for the other 54 kids. I've learned that when it reaches meltdown status, cut your losses and move on, because whatever you want her to do just ain't happening. I subscribe to the theory, "choose your battles carefully." And that wasn't a hill worth dying on. I let some time pass and then we talked about it and after coming to an agreement which involved a substantial cash reward, she agreed to wear the hat for the actual graduation ceremony.


After the ceremony, the 4 distinguished classes; The Busy Bees, The Busy Bears, The Cool Cats, and The Friendly Frogs had cake. Each cake had a class picture and well wishes.
THE CAKES WERE MADE BY WALMART AND NOT THE SCHOOL.
You'll see why that's an important disclaimer.

Hmmmm..... "Congratautions"

A little closer...."Congratulitions"

Ok, they just gave up on this one.

O for 4
Anyway, Congraulations, Congratuilions, Congratulitions, Congratautions, PreK Class of 2008. You are now qualified to work at our local Walmart bakery
No comments:
Post a Comment