Holland opened her graduation present after we got back home from her graduation ceremony. Other than when she said "karate girl" in the graduation video ( I think maybe she cracked under the pressure of being on camera.), she has said that she wants to be a chef when she grows up. Around here, we call that irony.
Anyway, she excitedly opened her gift.


Lo and behold, it's an Easy Bake Oven! Oh, she was ready to start cooking right away at 9:00 at night. However, I was short the right wattage light bulb, so we had to wait until the next day.
The Next Day

Lesson 1: Dress for success.

Lesson 2: Get 100 watt light bulb.

Our mixing bowl was about 20x too big for the batter.


Putting it in the oven. Look at that steady hand.

This is the most love our kitchen has seen.

Waiting.....

Still waiting....

Iced and ready. (She made the icing, too.)

Grey was home sick, (still is) so Holland gave the cake to him and called it "Get Better Cake."

So.....what do you think, Grey?

Though he had completely lost his voice, he was able to express his enjoyment with a thumbs-up. Let me just say, it's an impressive chef that can make a tasty cake using only a light bulb oven. Maybe if I had had an Easy Bake Oven growing up, I would be quite the cook......Nah, I doubt it.
1 comment:
Wow...I had a hetic week and just got a few minutes to catch up with the Davis 4...now I am really tired. I loved that the Chef was properly dressed and her creation not only tasted good but had wonderful eye appeal. Looks like you guys have been busy yourselves. Going to Harvey's with Ran and Papa and wanted to make sure I was up to date on the grandchildren.
BB
Post a Comment