Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, we made the Valentine's circuit. It started on Wednesday for Holland in her dance class. Basically, we had to hitchhike to get to her class, because on Tuesday, she and I got in the truck to run an errand when I saw that the ABS light was on. Now, that means that the anti-lock brakes are disabled which is not a immediate problem unless the brake light is on, too. Did I mention Mac was out of town? So, naturally both lights were on. I recalled all I knew about brakes so I could make an informed decision about what to do... aka I consulted the manual. Basically, it said that if both lights are on then (a) the brake fluid is low and has triggered the light to come on or (b) the brakes are going to go out causing you to drive off a cliff and die in a fiery crash at the bottom of a mountain. At least that was my interpretation. Anywho, it took the rest of Tuesday and Wednesday morning to replace front and rear brakes and some other work I needed to get checked out. So, let me take a moment to thank my friends who let us "bum a ride" and didn't make me chip in for gas. Thanks Liz and Sheri!


Holland exchanging valentines at dance with Ashlyn.


Party #2, no, wait Party #3 (I forgot she had an Awana Valentine's party.) Here she is with her good friend, Faith. We give her coffee to keep her going at all the parties. That was a joke.








The Valentine craft was painting a mini flower pot. Oh, how I held my breath as she painted in her new white pants. That paintbrush is much too close for comfort.


Each enjoying their Valentine bounty.
That bounty included 4-5 Fun Dips which for those who don't know is basically colored sugar eaten by licking a candy stick and dipping it in the sugar. It's one step above the pixie stick which is pretty much the equivalent of crack for kids. It doesn't bother with the pretense of the candy stick; you just pour the pure sugar directly down your throat. Soooo the Fun Dips will mysteriously disappear along with a couple of pieces of chocolate. Hey, I think I've earned a mini snickers or two.







No comments: