Friday, December 15, 2006

18 Days Until They Go Back To School......

Today was the last day of school for 2006! I know teachers everywhere are cheering, and moms are wringing their hands wondering how we are going to keep our kids occupied for the next 2 weeks while maintaining our rapidly fading sanity. I know I am. Anyway, Grey had his "Winter Party" at school.(The word "Christmas" has been taken out of the school-approved vocabulary. Sad, isn't it?) Anyway, Holland and I crashed the party. She ate all his food and finished his drink for him. She likes to make herself right at home. The kids played Pictionary, made a craft, and had a snowball fight in the classroom. You read that right, a snowball fight. They suited up in scarves and mittens and prepared for battle. Now since it's 75 degrees here today in Kingwood, the chances of a real snowball fight are slim and none, and Slim just left town. So, they used crumpled up tissue paper for "snowballs." Although tissue paper doesn't have the wet, stinging, punch of real snow (you people who have snow know what I'm talking about), the kids had a blast. And then the teacher sent them home with adrenaline and sugar coursing through their veins. Thanks, Ms Burkett. I owe you for that one.....


This is what you get when you ask Grey to "act natural" for a picture.



Mentally preparing for the upcoming "snowball" war. They called him "The Intimidator".



Grey's friend Ryan ducks as the "snowball" takes out one of the girls. (I was kind of proud of that shot.)

No comments: