Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tuesdays with Mama










I had been wanting to have a Tuesday's "girls day" with my best girl, Holland. But since school started, we have had Bible Study on Tuesdays (Beth Moore rocks even if she's just on DVD, although I'm still questioning that hair clip from week 7. Sheri knows what I'm saying). Anyway, we finished up 2 weeks ago. We did have a girl's day last Tuesday but it consisted of an hour and a half in the pediatrician's office with Holland running 102.6 temperature, enduring the strep test which is almost worse than the strep, and then holding her down for the antibiotic shot. Oh, we bonded all right, only not in the way I was hoping for. I don't think she'll look back and say, "remember when you held down my arms and the nurse held my legs, and you let the other nurse give me a painful shot while I screamed and screamed. Yeah, good times." So, I really needed to redeem myself.

So this Tuesday, we had our day. We went to the mall, saw Santa and put in a generic request for "some toys". Then we went and tried on flower girl dresses for her upcoming debut in my brother's wedding. Oh, how she loved those dresses! She asked me if we were going to buy all of them. I said no, that we could only buy one, because, well, at some point we will need money to buy groceries....ok, eat out. We did some shoe glancing. Then we went to Barnes and Noble and checked out the children's area. Then we hit Starbucks for some hot chocolate and a cupcake (for her). Finally, we stopped by the girly salon to finalize some things for her upcoming birthday party. We picked up lunch to take home and watch Strawberry Shortcake. The best part was when she recounted everything we did and told me how much fun it was and gave me a big hug, and THAT is why we have girls' day out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the same "Holly Girl" who was scared of Santa???? Looks pretty comfortable to me. Wish you would invite Ran and I to a Tuesday Girl Thing.

"BB"

Gayla Davis said...

She got over her fear when she realized he had access to all things Princess.
We have openings for next Tuesday.

Jenn Cav said...

Yeah, I want to come to Tuesday Girl day too!