As we turned onto our street after AWANA last night, I noticed a house on our street had their Christmas lights up and shining brightly. As I got closer, I realized that it was our house. Grey kept saying "awwwesome." Normally, my outdoor Christmas decorations consist of a lighted wreath and a slew of good intentions. Our roof is very slanted and sloped, not meant to be climbed on safely, just ask the Dish Network TV guy when he put our dish up there, (too bad that relationship didn't work out; he nearly broke his neck up there. We went to back to what we knew, basic cable.)
Anyway, it turns out that one of our neighbors/friends put the lights and inflatable penguin in our yard while we were at AWANA. Now I would prefer a nativity scene to a penguin, but I did the math, and it came out something like this: Free Materials + Free Labor = Not Picky. Now, she, my neighbor, is a self-proclaimed Christmas light/decorations junkie. There is no tree too high or roof too precarious for her. Basically, it's the Griswold's of the subdivision (her words, not mine). But you know what, those are the houses we love to look at the most. We always take the "long way around" when we come home to see all the neighborhood decor and the dueling cul-de-sacs. But this one we can enjoy from any of the windows on the front of the house. Oh, did I mention that their last name is "Rudolph". Yep. So I guess you could say they really have an obligation to mass decorate. And if some of it spills down the street and over into my yard, I'm going to say, thank you, and giggle with delight.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment