Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Mustangs, Post Game Wrap-Up

Well, we finished the soccer season. I'd like to say we finished it strong and on top, but well, we didn't. But Grey had a lot of fun and definitely got better as the season progressed. He didn't miss a game or practice and I'm proud of him following through on that commitment. I'm tired of making the drive to the fields, but nonetheless, proud of the commitment thing.
Last week's game bestowed a new title on Mac. He was coach for that game. Our coach was called in to work at the last minute and asked Mac to fill in. He did a great job, the players, not so much. It was the first game where Grey didn't score any goals. I think he was so busy trying to be Mac's assistant coach that he couldn't focus on his job of actually playing the game. They got spanked (and elbowed a lot), plain and simple.
Today's game was once again with the Cardinals. (the Lifegroup shootout) We played hard with Grey scoring 2 goals, but alas, it was not enough to overcome the very talented Cardinals. We lost 4-2. Sigh....guess we'll be bringing breakfast tacos again..... Mac's coaching debut.



That's my boy!


1 comment:

Katie McCrary said...

please send me your email, made our blog private but want to send ya'll invite, katie.mccrary@mccrarywest.com