Well, my friend, Liz and her husband had a weekend getaway. Their 2 girls, Hope and Faith stayed with us. Hope and Grey are friends, and Holland and Faith are inseparable. They all got along and being 7 and 4 years old, they are pretty self-sufficient. But honestly, if I had a doubt about not wanting more Davis offspring, it has vanished. I was always counting when we went out making sure everyone was still with us and not in the path of oncoming traffic. Your whole parenting strategy has to change.
On Saturday, the Davis 6 (as I will refer to this weekend's cast) went to Grey's soccer game, the game we were pretty pumped up about. The coaches and a couple of our friend's kids from our lifegroup were on the opposing team. I like to call this game, The Lifegroup Shootout. It was exciting. There was plenty of mud, even some blood and lots of sweat. Grey scored 2 goals and the Mustangs had the lead for awhile, but the Cardinals came back and tied it. And then the Cardinals scored the buzzer game-winning goal. I tell you what when you are on the losing side of that scenario, you kind of stand there and look at each other and say, "Did that just happen?" I reached down for a pretzel, looked up and not only was the game over, but we had lost.
We thought Grey was pretty down about the game. And he said he wasn't feeling well. When we got home he said he was feeling dizzy. Turns out he had a temperature of 103. Now am I saying that affected his game? No. Am I inferring that it affected his game? I believe I just might be. Would they have won the game? Nah, I wouldn't say that because the Cardinals are a very good team and the last buzzer goal was nothing short of impressive.
What I didn't realize was that there were some Breakfast Tacos riding on this game. Mac has gotten several phone calls with their Sunday Morning orders, even some people who aren't a part of either team. But don't worry we'll have another Lifegroup Shootout in a couple of weeks.
Sunday, I took all the girls to church, and Mac took Grey to the doctor. Grey has got strep throat. We've managed to have it every October for the past 3 years. Why break tradition now? Hopefully, neither our weekend guests nor Holland will get it. But to keep spirits up, we had Elvis come and entertain the kids, and well, me, too.
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment