Saturday, September 22, 2007

Holland and The Junior Tar Heels

Oh people, this was not pretty, not at t'all. Whatever strides, small though they were, Holland had made in practice did not translate to this first game. The whining, the tears, the threats, the promises and that was just getting her hair in a secure ponytail. Magnify that by, oh, say, a thousand and you have Holland at her first soccer game. Nothing to scrapbook about, I promise. At several points, I was trying to mentally recall where I put the receipt to the cleats, and a few times I wondered how much I could get for the uniform on ebay. And then I thought, how much could I get for her on ebay. But my friend, Sheri, made a good point; soccer involves grass, bugs, heat, and running for an hour. Any one of those by itself is enough to send Holland over the edge. So to ask her to play soccer is really a big stretch for her. But, I'm gonna give it a couple of more weeks.....or maybe a couple more hours........
Um, Holland, that's your team out there on the field waiting on you........




Um, Holland, don't look now, but the game is being played behind you.



Okay, Holland the game is in play just inches behind you! Hello?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Holland,
I agree with you. I think soccer is a communist game anyway.

Hey Grey,
You played a great game. Soccer is a fine game. You can earn free tuition to college, as good a player as you are.

Papa
(Hillary's got nothing on me)

Anonymous said...

Looks like soccer could scare Holland for life...I agree with the bugs, heat and running...dance looks to be more her style....hang in there.

"BB"