The kids and I just got back from a week on the Gulf Coast of Alabama. And I unintentionally timed it where it was actually hotter there than here in Tx. But, honestly, when you reach a heat index of 105, a heat index of 110 doesn't feel that much different. We had a great time! (Naturally, I will post more about that later). The ride back, however, was a bit nerveracking. We were hoping to miss some of Tropical Depression Erin and for a while we did. About 5 minutes after I finished singing the last verse of "blue skies, nothing but blue skies, that I see," the rains came down, really came down. I believe I may have mild carpal tunnel from the death grip I had on the steering wheel. I had the backseat praying with me, although I don't know how Holland's prayer about the Dumbo ride at Disney World pertained to our safety. But we made it without incident and my heartrate has returned to normal. I don't know if it was the tension of the drive or the 40 oz of Diet Mountain Dew I consumed, but I was a little shaky when we rolled into the garage. But we are back, at least until we have to evacuate for Hurricane Dean.... I better go make sure my tube top and towel (to wave) are clean. I don't want to be caught on national news on my roof after a hurricane without them.
Alabama Vacation Pics Coming Soon.......
Friday, August 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment