Friday, February 26, 2010

Let The Good Times Bowl!

I wouldn't have thought Holland would want to have a bowling party, but she had such a good time bowling in Gulf Shores which is a MUCH nicer bowling alley than ours, that she was up for a bowling party. I was hoping she would kind of let the party idea go, but Holland does not forget a party, what she ate 10 minutes earlier,yes...but a party, no. So with scheduling with Mac, we didn't have the party until 5 weeks after her actual birthday.
And this go-round she wanted her classmates and other friends from school. So, instead of inviting my...I mean her church friends, we invited the girls from her school and 3 from church. That was like 19, and I had to cap the number for my sanity and wallet. And to be fair, Grey had a big class party when he turned 6. I remember it well, 'cause some kid ate a big lunch and came to the inflatable moonwalk party and ended up throwing up in the party room and even on Mac. Oh wait, that kid was Grey. Yeah, we got his free t-shirt early in the party.
Anyway, it was her turn and it was to be cosmic bowling, that's like the glowing lights, loud music, kid videos in the background, and bowling balls that light up when you roll them. Only thing missing was the fog of smoke. Can't have everything.
I made bowling t-shirts for all the girls and Grey, to set the mood. It turned out to be an even better idea (I got the idea from someone else.) than I thought. It was much easier to keep up with all the girls in the dark, glowing lights when they were wearing their matching shirts. Then they took the shirts home as party favors. I also put the same design on the cake. ( I, in this case, = Kroger Bakery)
Grey was the only male child allowed and even then he had to bowl under the alias, Amy.....at least until Amy got there.

Girlz from the 'hood.


Some of the crew.



Cami, "can I come over to your house?" No matter when or where I see her, she asks me that.
She's welcome anytime.





Anna is some kind of bowler. She would grab the ball and immediately run to the lane and chunk it. It proved to be the most successful technique of the group because her score was double most everyone elses. The girl is league material.




Cami, Holland, and Deanna






Happy Birthday, Holland!!
(again)







Holland had so much fun!
And let me just say that gifts she opened look so cool under the cosmic lighting. Even the tissue paper had a cool glow about it. That was an unexpected party perk.
Anyway, Holland had a blast, and I left with a major headache which is always a sign of a successful party.

Next year, though, we are doing a smaller party, and I mean it this time.



No comments: